Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Baby Borrowers

I had seen this show advertised but was at church each week when it was showing. Brad and Todd left today to go visit his dad at the beach for a few days so I had plenty of time tonight. I realized this show was on tonight in marathon form. I watched it and laughed so hard. The show is about teens that think they are ready to get married and have children. They set them up with babies under 1 first and then toddlers. It was so funny to watch them. They had each age for 3 days and nights. Some did very well but realized they were not ready. Others, could not communicate with each other at all.

Brad and I got married young. We chose to wait for 5 years before having kids. I think that was so wise of us. We were able to develop our relationship before bringing a baby into the relationship. As I watched this show, it made me realize a few things
1). I am glad I was older when Todd was born
2). I am so glad that Brad and I can communicate so well with each other.
3). Children are priceless but are a lot of work.
4). relationships are a lot of work.
5). I cannot imagine my life without the support of Brad and family.

This also made me wonder.. what do you think has been the hardest stage you have had to handle your child/children? Is it the first month of their life, terrible 2's, terrible 3's, etc. I am interested to see what you have to say. And for those of you with more than one child.. was it different with each child?

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The hardest stage is right now with Reese!!! He hit his "terrible two's" about 3 or 4 months ago. (He won't be two until next month.) I cannot discipline him the same as I did Brooks so I am having to think of different things to do. We spanked Brooks when he got in trouble and usually we only had to talk sternly to him. With Reese I can spank him for doing something to Brooks and 3 seconds later he comes and tells on himself for doing the same thing again. Right now he hates being put in the corner, so that will be his punishment for now. I am about to pull out my hair with him!!! I get so frustrated but then he also has a loving side that makes my heart just melt.
Why don't kids come with an instruction manual?!

Unknown said...

I think the stage after they start walking, but before they can really talk is the hardest. Not being able to understand what they want is really frustrating. Shey started talking so much earlier than Peyton that the phase didn't last long.