Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sleep At Last!!!

Well, we have had 2 good nights of sleep in a row. I hope and pray that this continues. Jackson has been eating at 9:30is and then again at 2:00 ish and then at 6:15 ish. I will gladly take that!!! I feel so much better. Maybe I can get this giant stack of laundry done now.

We found out a big reason he was not sleeping. He was allergic to the formula we were supplementing with. We had already figured out he could not tolerate diary. I have cut all of that out of my diet since he was having trouble. I also cut out broccoli, garlic, onions, tomato based foods, spicy foods and lettuce because he has had trouble with them. Yes, eating is not fun right now and VERY bland. Well, we had put him on soy, which is what Todd had to take. Within a few days, Jackson had a rash appear in his face. I thought it was baby acne. It got worse and began to spread and he was spitting up as much as an ounce of his bottle. I took him in and they said he was allergic to the soy formula. Now he is on some weird, nasty formula. He is so much happier and comfortable. We feel bad that he was having reactions to what we were giving him and could not rest. I hope this fixes things!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

I'm glad you've had some sleep! I hope the formula change continues to help.

Rebecca said...

I am sure it will get better. I always thought the soy formula smelled like potatoes. I sure the new formula you have is not cheap either!

tamblair said...

Oh, the memories of soy spit-up all over everything I owned!! Hopefully he will conitnue his good sleeping pattern. That makes everything easier. I am thinking about you!!

Unknown said...

Poor little guy. It's so hard when they can't talk. I hope the new formula keeps working and you get some sleep!