Tuesday, May 08, 2007

So Proud


Todd had a soccer game tonight. They are usually Saturday, but they were rained out. Instead of practicetonight, he had a game. It was really hot. He played about 50 minutes out of the 60 minute game. All the other kids were crying and begging to not go in the game, Todd was gladly playing all of their turns. That was not what I was most proud of, though. This league is a christian league. They have weekly memory verses and devos. After each game, they give out stars... best offense, best defense, ect. He got the white star which stands for the most like Christ. He was really wanting the red star (who knows why). I was so proud of him. He was the only player that did not hit, make faces, say unkind words, or cry the whole game. He began to realize that I thought that was important. He was glad to get it but informed me, "I am going to stop all of their balls so I can get the red star (defensive) next time". The ironic thing is he stopped all 3 of their attempts to get a goal, but they were more impressed with his attitude. Oh, well, I he already has the "winning is the only thing" mentallity.

No comments: