Tuesday, June 05, 2007

VBS

Well, I have very few days until VBS will be here. Brad and I are VBS coordinators this year. WOW, what a job. I decided the curriculum, designed the set and the decorations, decided on the crafts and activities and order all of the supplies, and I wrote all of the scripts. I am EXHAUSTED! When we decided to do this, Brad was not in Chicago all week and I was only keeping a little girl one day a week. Now, Brad is gone and I am keeping here 3 days. I will not give any information about her but, please remember her and her mom in your prayers. The dad has left them and it is a very difficult situation!

Back to VBS, I really enjoy the creative side, but not the leadership side. I am not a leader mentality. Brad tells me I am better than I give myself credit for, but I feel terrible. I feel so bossy. I would much rather be a worker than leader. We are having a water park theme. I think it will be a lot of fun. We did manage to rent a 30' inflatable water slide for the K-6th graders. Please pray that the VBS is a success and that we reach those that need to be reached. Please pray that we have enough supplies and workers. I will give you an update after it is over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's huge undertaking! I'm sure everything will be great.

Franklin Wood said...

Hey, how did the VBS go? And how's the new job? And how's the weight loss thing?
Miss you guys, and hope you're doing well.