Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Word of Promise New Testament Audio Bible

Since I am part of Thomas Nelson's reading program, I was able to review The Word of Promise New Testament Audio Bible in the NKJV. I was very excited to see this as an option to review because my husband has wanted an audio version for his car. This version had a great line-up of well know stars including: Richard Dreyfuss, Luke Perry, Michael W. Smith, and many more. As I listened to it, I did find that it was done very well. It was not like any audio version I had ever heard. The characters had expression in passion in their voices. It was fairly easy to follow along with it. The only downfall I found was that it took some time to figure out whose voice was whose. It did not say Jesus said or John said. That character would just start talking. Once I got accustomed to their voices it was very easy to follow. It even captivated my 7 year old's attention. I would definitely recommend this is you are wanting an audio Bible. It was very good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's good to know. I've often thought about getting the Bible on audio.