Thursday, July 14, 2011

9 years.. can it be?

So I am way behind on blogging and probably don't have any readers but I am going to write here anyway so that I can keep a record of this stuff. I can not believe that Todd is 9! How is that possible. Didn't I just graduate high school? My how time is flying.


My dear first born son,

I cannot believe that you are quickly approaching your teen years. After working with teens, teaching teens, and being a teen myself, it scares me to death! I am not ready to endure those defiant times. For now, I will be enjoy the stage you are at now!
You are still that sweet boy with the most gorgeous eyes. Some girl will fall in love with those eyes one day. I pray for that girl daily just like I pray for you. I pray that you find a girl as special as you are! I pray that you and she will be strong in Christ. For now, you are an amazing christian. The day you were baptized was such a beautiful day! I am honored to call you a fellow christian and son! I am so proud of the boy you are developing into!
You are so great to your brothers. I tell them daily how blessed they are to have you as an example. I pray you continue to be that example because you have two boys that idolize you and copy your every move. God knew how great you would be for those boys. How blessed they are!

Oh , how I love that you still are crazy about your Momma! You still love to hug me and sit in my lap. I know the day will approach soon where those are not the norm so I am soaking them in at all times. Each hug makes me smile from ear to ear.
You are really discovering who you are. How I smiled when you came in the room after working on this hair for so long. You are so confident yet so shy. You are smart yet quiet about it. My son, I love you dearly! I had no idea how much my heart would be filled with love on the day they delivered you. You are such a special boy and I love you, Mostest!

1 comment:

tamblair said...

Ummmm.... you DO have readers!!! :)