Tuesday, June 20, 2006

School

I went to visit Wal-mart the other day and realized they are clearancing out the summer merchandise and moving in school supplies. I had gone to the store alone (doesn't happen very often). As I passed this isle, I became very sad. Todd will be attending preschool this year and next year he will be in school. That is so sad to me. I love to go places with Todd and talk to him. Sure a break is nice now and then, but I love his company! Once he starts school, the amount of time we spend will greatly lessen since 5 year olds have to have homework. I hate that school starts so early in the summer and goes so late in the spring. There is not much "summer break" now. I have to wonder how this is effecting kids today. Is it good for them to have this sort of schedule or is it creating bigger problems. Just curious on your view points. I will post mine later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think school should start late August- but early enough that a full semester can fit in before the winter break. August-May does seem like such a long time, but it sure does go fast.
Well, except for those last 3 weeks of May when you're a teacher.