Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Amazed

I am often so amazed at how people handle difficult situations. I guess that is when you see a lot of people's true character. I am so proud of my cousin, Julie. She just turned 29 and has been very ill for quite some time. She was recently told her only way to live was to have the gastric bypass surgery. (She has a lung disease that is slowly killing her. She is overweight and they think that if she lost weight it would help her lungs recover). Because of her health problems, most doctors will not take her on as their patient. She has told them she will definitely die if she doesn't try something, so why not try it. She has found a doctor that will do it but is not very qualified for this high risk scenario. However, she is a christian and her husband is a pastor. My cousin has taken this situation with arms pointing upward. In every situation, she knows it is God's plan and she is at peace with that idea. I ask that you pray for her and the doctors that will be with her. I just hope that in adveristy that is much smaller than hers, I can point upward instead of question God.

No comments: