Friday, October 06, 2006

Turning 30

Well, I am officially 30 today. It does not bother me that I am now 30. However, it does bring about some interesting thoughts. I researched this year and this is what was happening the year I was born.. the average income for the Us was $12,686 and stamps were $.13, shows like M.A.S.H. and The Mary Tyler Moore Show was popular, the Cowboys were defeated in the Super Bowl this year, the US tested the Tomahawk cruise missiles, and Agatha Christie died. There is a lot that happened this year and of course I do not remember it. I just wonder when I am 60 what my thoughts will be about? A lot has changed in 30 years, some for the best and some for the worst. I never dealt with school shootings, homosexuality, crystal meth. Unfortunatly, Todd will have to deal with all of this. I guess time will tell what my grandchildren will deal with. I would like to think it was a better time, but fear it will only get worse.

No comments: