Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Haircuts

I actually enjoy getting haircuts. I like to have my hair washed, especially. Then why is it such a dreaded word in my family? Todd hates them. I mean he will do anything to avoid them. He will give up visiting my parents if it means he has to get a haircut first. Twice this week, we have gotten all the way to the chair before he gets to a point where we cannot cut it. We would have to physically hold him down and most places will not cut it under those conditions. It is awful. Let me tell you, his first 3 haircuts were a snap. Then, he got his ear clipped badly. This was before he was 2 and he still remembers it!!! He can't remember much of his 2's bit he remembers this. So, we went to the clippers. He calls this the "buzzy comb". We were going along great. Then, we had someone that had a dull or ungreased buzzy comb and it pulled so now we can't use those. This has been a battle for so long! I feel sorry for him. HE is terrified. His heart rate will increase and he will complain about a stomach ache. That is sad! However, I cannot stand when his hair looks so shaggy. It drives me nuts!! I just purchased a kid set of clippers to see if he will let me do that. We will see! And to make matters worse, his hair grows so fast!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

do you have cool cuts for kids in TN?
that's where I take Ava. The kid can watch a movie or play a video game while getting their hair cut. It keeps her distracted.

carrie said...

No, I wished there was. Although, I do not think Lightning McQueen in person could convince him to get a haircut!!