Monday, January 29, 2007

Random thoughts

As I posted earlier, I plan on going back to teaching this next school year. I was looking at the county I was wanting to teach in to see when school began. It begins August 1st!!!! Can you believe that? I remember the days of starting in September. This really makes me sad. Kids do not have a long summer break anymore.

This brings me to my next idea.. VBS. I do not know about your area churches, but here participation has been down the last few years. I am looking at heading up our VBS at church. I will bw in charge of everything from choosing the material to getting the people and crafts. This is stepping out of the box for me. I am not a good leader. I am going to see if there is enough interest and if so I am the leader. We are going to a 1 day VBS because the summers are so short. It seems there are not enough weeks to make VBS an entire week. Please pray for the church that they will step up and for me that I can do this. Especially pray that we can reach lost souls. Pray that I will know what to do to get them to hear God's message!!

I will keep you posted!

No comments: