Thursday, June 19, 2008

Baby Update

Today we had our follow-up ultrasound since they could not get all of the views at the 20th week. I was nervous still because of the 2 vessel cord that I mentioned. Today, after much poking, we were able to get all of the views except the profile possibly. She got a picture of the profile, but was not sure if the Dr. would think it was good enough. All of the anatomy was NORMAL!! We are very excited. Today showed that he is 24 plus weeks. This is a week ahead of what we have said. That makes the estimated due date my birthday! He is already 1 lb 8 oz. He is not a small boy.



By the way, I have had some ask if we have a name. Yes, we do. He will be named Jackson Ray. These are both family names. We will call him Jackson, not Jack!



On a side note, have you ever felt that God places situations in front of us to make us rely on him? That is the way I have felt this entire time with this pregnancy. First of all, we were able to get pregnant after many years and a miscarriage. Then, I was so worried that we would lose this baby. Each of the first few visits, they were unable to locate heartbeats so I had to have ultrasounds. After all of that, they told me about the cord issues. Each visit I have had has required me to wait to get answers. Some visits is is minutes others it is days.

I guess these experiences are forcing me to trust. Trust God and no one else. It is also teaching me patience. I have always considered myself patient. I guess this just proves you can always better yourself. In the scheme of a christian walk with Him I guess trust and patience would rant high with Him.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Congrats, Carrie!! I'm so glad things are looking good for you & young Mr. Jackson. You'll have him right around Wendy's 2nd birthday, which was our goal for having a 2nd baby of our own. But as you know, these things are set on God's time, not ours!

Will they schedule you for your C-section early, or right on time? I know at Vanderbilt they wanted Wendy to be 39 weeks, but they didn't want to wait longer because I'm not supposed to go into labor (which is totally fine with me).

carrie said...

They will schedule it a little ahead. I am not sure the timing yet. They will monitor his weight and developement.