Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Complaint

I have to say that I hate a modified year around school schedule. I did not like it as a teacher and I hate it as a parent. We got out of school on May 30th. Todd will be back in class on August 1st. That is not enough summer break. It seems like they just get started and it is over. Between VBS, vacation to Brad's dad's house, birthday party, Brad's mom visiting, and Forth of July, there is no extra time. Anyway, I guess I will have to deal with it or home school, which will not happen. Does everyone else have such a short summer?

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I'm still toying with the idea of homeschooling Wendy when the time comes. It seems a little silly since the school is right across the street, but it would really be nice to live by our own schedule instead of the county's.

Unknown said...

Peyton was out June 5 and will go back August 15, I believe. So maybe a week's difference?

tamblair said...

We got out on May 22 and wilr return the first week of August. The summer is withering away...