Tuesday, June 10, 2008

VBS

Okay, this time last year I was heading up our VBS. I organized everything from registration and advertising to crafts and skits. I loved the imagination part of it and since I wasn't working I had time to bargain shop. This year, I refused to head it up. However, I got roped into crafts again. Since I was trying to finish up my school work, I ignored it for a while. The church-wide VBS is this Saturday and we are doing a small VBS for some girls on Friday. I have good memories of VBS. I really had fun with it in high school. A friend of mine always had extravagant ideas. We would spend countless hours together working on it. Perhaps that is how we became such good friends. However, I think VBS has lost some of its impact. What do you all think. Do you think it is still an effective outreach or in reach? Do you think it may be a time when something else is more effective? I just would like some others feedback.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I do think that VBS has lost some of it's excitement. At my mom's church in MI they started doing Backyard Bible Study. They set up a tent in someone's backyard and have the neighbors come to them. It's a great way to get to know the parents too, b/c they usually stick around and watch. At a bigger church, you could have several backyard bible studies going on at different neighborhoods around town!