Tuesday, June 29, 2010

DVD Read and Share Bible: Life and Miracles

I have to admit I was very excited to review this Read and Share DVD for Thomas Nelson's Book Sneeze Club. I am a fan of the Read and Share Bible and so I thought the DVD would be great. I have to admit I was a little disappointed. I sat down to watch it with my 7 year old son. He liked it and was able to realize that many of the stories were present in the book of John. However, I felt it was a little choppy in its story line. I also felt like some things were added for effects and was not written in the Bible. The graphics were appealing and the stories were fairly simple. It is just not word for word from the text. If that doesn't bother you then I think it would be a good visual for kids to watch. I feel it would be good for children 2-5 perhaps. It wasn't in depth enough for older kids. I am glad that I have this video for references for my younger son but I am glad I did not perchase it for full price. I would have been upset.

No comments: