Friday, June 04, 2010

Class reunion

15 years ago, I had just finished high school and was preparing to move to Searcy, Arkansas to attend college. I had no idea the road that would be before me. I could not fathom that some days I would cry wishing I could run back to my home and be in the security of high school again. There would be other days that I would gleefully celebrate my independence. But one thing I would know for certain was that I had been blessed with a childhood that had prepared me for those days ahead.
I had the opportunity this weekend to take a step back in time. Yes, I was back in high school. Sure, we've all matured, at least a little. We've gotten married and have children. But, we are still amazing people with big dreams. Some of us have had huge bumps in our journeys that have shook us to the core. Others, have been blessed with smoother rides. But, through it all, we have remained those same aspiring girls. These were the girls that would help develop me into who I am today.
Girls, it was an honor to call you friends then and an even great honor to be able to still call you friends after 15 years! I love you all and look forward to our next getaway together! May you all be blessed with laughter and love and never forget the memories of high school!
By the way, I would post pictures but we didn't take any. We were too busy laughing and talking. Besides, we don't look any different!

4 comments:

tamblair said...

You're right - we don't look different at all!!! ;) Wat a sweet post... I enjoyed it so much as well and look forward to an ALL GIRLS retreat!!

Rebecca said...

What a great sentiment to sum up the reunion! I had such a good time seeing everyone, and can't wait to get together again.

Unknown said...

Love you too! Can't wait to get together again

Kristin said...

Awwww! Everybody just come on back now. :)