Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pictures

I am not a huge picture taker unless I am getting professional pictures done. I have to make an effort to remember to take pictures of all of those momentous events. However, I do love to look back at pictures and remember the feeling I felt at that point.

I allow all of the pictures that I download to the computer run in a slide show as my screen saver. Last night, I sat down in my quiet house and began to watch those pictures. I could remember Todd's first smile, Jackson's first thumb sucking picture, Brad and I's wedding picture, and even my high school senior trip. I can remember each of those events meaning something difference. Some would mean a time of growing up and some would be times that forever impacted my life for the good!

One thing I realized. None of those pictures brought back pain. I did not see the pictures that reminded me of my baby girl I lost, or the financial struggles Brad and I had when we got married. I did not see the times we had lost our job or the day I found out that my mom had MS.

Perhaps that is why I find such joy in looking at those pictures. It is a reminder of how blessed I am. How God has shown favor to me and my family. I could see God's footsteps in all of those pictures. I could see Him in my son's smiles, I could see Him in Brad's face because He had lead me to Brad. I could see Him as He protected me through those tough teen years. It was just a great reminder of my God. I was then drawn to this scripture:
How can I repay the Lord for all of His goodness to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.
I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
O Lord, truly I am your servant; I am your servant, the son of your maidservant you freed me from my chains.
I will sacrifice a thank offering to you and call on the name of the Lord.
I will fulfill my vows tot e Lord in the presence of all his people in the courts of the house of the Lord-in your midst, O Jerusalem. Praise the Lord.
Psalm 116: 12-19
There is no way I can repay Him for these blessing but I will try to glorify Him in all I do as a thank offering.

2 comments:

tamblair said...

What a beautiful post, Carrie... so true!

Unknown said...

And speaking of photos, I love the new one on top. That Jackson is a sport!