Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The Gospel According To Jesus by Chris Seay

I was very excited to get the book titled: The Gospel According To Jesus by Chris Seay. I had never heard of this author but the small preview looked like a great read. I have to say I was very disappointed. This book was supposedly about the church and our misunderstanding of the meaning of righteousness.

This is the first book that I have reviewed for Thomas Nelson's Book Sneeze that was difficult for me to get through. I would have put it down and not completed it if it were not for the review I had agreed to do on this book. I felt that this author's thoughts were scattered and difficult to follow. At times, I even found some comments to be offensive. I felt like more of the book was about him and his friends' opinions than scripture backing. I found very few items that made me think in a way that he was wanting me to think. I would not recommend this book. I feel it was a huge letdown.

No comments: