Thursday, May 18, 2006

Favorite Verse

I have many favorite Bible verses. They often change depending on what guidance or encouragement I need at that time. However, there has been one verse that I have liked for some time. It is Micah 6:6-8.
"With what shall I come before the Lord and bow myself before the exhalted God?
Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old?
Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil?
Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

I sang a chorus song that was based on this verse in high school. I loved the song and enjoyed singing it, but it followed a very dramatic song about the crusifiction in our song line-up. The two paired together got my attention each week. Just thought I would share it with you.

What is your favorite verse, story, or parable in the Bible?

No comments: