Sunday, May 07, 2006

It happened!!

Well, something happened today that I knew would happen eventually... Todd got in trouble in Sunday class!! For those of you who do not know, Todd is VERY active and determined. Both can be great qualities, but not when it goes against what you are wanting him to do. We have rehearsed how he is to act in class many times and he failed to do it today. His teacher said, "He was a little wild today. We had to give him a choice and he made the wise choice". UGHHH. I hate those akward moments. He and I talked and then I had him apologize to her. He also missed out on some play time with his friends because he had already played with them instead of listening to his teacher. I was so frustrated that he acted up. I found myself saying, "You know better!!" Then, it was as if God cattle-prodded me. Isn't that what we do when we go against God's will? I could hear God saying, "Carrie, you know better!!" I learned early on in my parenting trials 2 important things about raising Todd... 1). He got his traits from me and Brad, and though we might not like the traits he has inherited from us, that is who he is. God made him special and it is up to us to help raise him to use those traits for God's glory. Both energy and determination are vital to serving the Lord!! 2). Through Todd, the Lord is teaching me numerous lessons! Praise God that he is patient with us just as we must be patient with our children!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have learned more about God in my three years as a parent then the entire 26 years before that.
For the first time truths about how God relates to me, feels about me, disciplines and loves me are sinking in.