Saturday, February 03, 2007

My Wish


This is a song that Rascal Flatts sings. I absolutely love the words to the song! The music is great as well, but it is the words that speak so much louder than the music.


When I heard this song the first time, it was at a time that I needed to be reminded that we are not on this Earth for ourselves but for the glory of God. He has not promised us an easy path but one that we can endure. He does not promise us all that we want in life, bit all that we need. He is always there taking care of us in every step and loves us more than words can express.


The next time I heard this song, I thought it summed up what I want Todd to grow up knowing and believing. I want him to know that he will have choices, but that Christ will lead him down the correct path. I also want him to know, that through it all, his mommy, daddy, and Christ will love him through all of his endeavors.


My Wish

by Rascal Flatts
I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow

And each road leads you where you want to go

And if you’re faced with the choice and you have to choose

I hope you choose the one that means the most to you

And if one door opens to another door closed

I hope you keep on walkin’ ‘til you find the window

If it’s cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile

But more than anything, more than anything


Chorus

My wish for you

Is that this life becomes all that you want it to

Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small

You never need to carry more than you can hold

And while you’re out there gettin’ where you’re gettin’ to

I hope you know somebody loves you

And wants the same things too

Yeah, this is my wish


I hope you never look back but you never forget

All the ones who love you

And the place you left

I hope you always forgive and you never regret

And you help somebody every chance you get

Oh, you find God’s grace in every mistake

And always give more than you take

But more than anything, yeah more than anything


This is my wish

I hope you know somebody loves you

May all your dreams stay big

Credits:
Steve Robson, Jeffrey Steele© 2006 V2 Music Publishing Limited (BMI), Jeffrey Steele Music (BMI) All rights on behalf of V2 Music Publishing Limited administered by Sony/ATV Music Publishing, 8 Music Square West, Nashville, TN 37203. All rights on behalf of Jeffrey Steele Music administered by BPJ Administration, PO Box 218061, Nashville TN 37221-8061. All rights reserved. Used by permission.

No comments: