Monday, February 19, 2007

Winterfest

Brad and I had the opportunity to chaperon a trip to Gatlinburg, TN. There is an event every year called Winterfest. It is a rally for youth. It has been going on for many years. I attended as a high school student. This year there were 11,000 people there. It is AMAZING. Jeff Walling was the main speaker. I have always thought he was blessed to be able to reach teens in a way that most people cannot do. The worship service is unreal. If I had to say one mode of worship that connected me most to Christ, it would be singing. I love to sing and music can convict me faster than anything. That was no different this time. The music was so wonderful. It is how I hope Heaven will be! The theme this year was "The Prize" based on Philippians. It was really good and gave me a lot to think about. Please pray for all of those teens that made a connection this weekend, maybe for the first time.

No comments: