Monday, February 18, 2008

Winterfest

I just got back from a wonderful trip. I went to Winterfest in Gatlinburg, TN. For those of my high school friends, you will remember these trips. I always enjoyed going as a teen. As an adult, I enjoy it even more. I always look forward to the worship time. This is my 2nd year as a chaperone and I love it! Jeff Walling was the speaker and Jerome Williams led the worship. WOW!! It was amazing. I always coem back with a fresh perspective and the teens are on fire for the Lord after this trip. We took 65 people and it was a great weekend. We had no discipline issue and we had 2 baptisms.

As I sat during one of the services, I sat back and thought about how encouraging it was to see that many teens fired-up for the Lord. It then made me reflect on what heaven will be like. In our service, we had 6,000 people. The other service had just as many. The sound of the song service was amazing. Oh, it makes me long for the day when that is what my eternal life will be. I hope that Winterfest still exist when Todd is in school so that he can experience that feeling of pure joy worshipping our Father.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved Winterfest. It was so much fun. We have a countdown on the screens at church leading up to each service. Our pastor shared with us last week that in the two services the teens attend, as the countdown gets to 10, the stand and yell it out. Of course, I am never there that early, but how awesome that they are so excited!

tamblair said...

Oh, Winterfest memories! Back in the days when we thought our lives were so complicated and difficult but really weren't at all! How I long for that innocence and freshness again.