Thursday, February 07, 2008

Believe

I debated back and forth whether to post this information. However, I decided the prayers would comfort me. Brad and I just found out that we are expecting a baby! I am just over 4 weeks so it is very early. I am excited but scared. As you all know, back in August we lost a baby girl. I know that God is in control and I want him to be. However, in my mind, I do not want to endure a heartbreak again. Please keep us in your prayers. I will go to the Dr. on March 5th I believe. (Good sign that I can't remember and I just made it on Tues. :) Last time, we had already had the miscarriage by that time. Please keep us and this baby in mind. If you live around here, Todd DOES NOT know. We will tell him after that visit if things are ok. Please do not say anything around him. He is very in tune to adult's conversations. I know that God will protect us. I know He has a plan. I also know as painful as the miscarriage was, He is the one that sees the final plan. I have to believe that His will will be done! God is good and He is faithful. Though we do not understand His ways at times, He is the only way I want to go!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Carrie, you guys are definitely in my prayers. Have the doctor's got you taking anything like progesterone? I took it the first trimester with Peyton because mine was so low.

Jeni said...

Congrats, Carrie!! You're all in our prayers - keep us posted!

tamblair said...

That is such exciting news! I will be praying for you and that little soul!

Unknown said...

You'll be in my prayers. Hope all goes smoother than you can imagine.

Kristin said...

I'll be praying for you and your little one. I'm very happy for you!

Rebecca said...

I am soooo excited for you guys. I will be praying for you!!!

carrie said...

Erika,

No I am not on anything. After the miscarriage, they did genetic testing and checked me and they could not find a "reason" for the miscarriage. Everything seemed fine. It was obviously just a baby that did not develop properly for some reason.

Thanks everyone for the prayers. It makes me feel good that very good friends are praying for us!

Tracy said...

Hi Carrie,

I just read your blog and I am so excited for you! Hope all is going well. We will keep you in our prayers. I think you are one week behind me.