Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yes, I am here

I just realized how long it has been since I posted. If anyone is still reading, I will give some thoughts.


  • A terrible stomach virus has been going around and I got it last week and now Todd has it. Luckily, it is fast moving. I almost ended up on IV with it, though. I hate stomach issues!!!

  • We will find out the sex of our baby next week (29th). We are really excited!!

  • I only have 4 1/2 more days of school and cannot wait!! It is true that teacher's are just as excited, if not more!

  • We are looking at adding on an addition to our house. We want a big play room. I will keep you updated.

  • Finally, Sunday was Senior Sunday at church. Since Brad is the youth deacon, we are around these kids all of the time. Todd loves it! There are some amazing kids graduating this year that will forever change a church somewhere. They are very spiritual and strong. In class, they were sharing advice to the younger teens. Being that I am pregnant, I fought back tears the entire time. It brought back emotions of my graduation and all of my friends from school. (I love you all dearly!!) I can remember my feelings. So, it brought me to another realization that these kids were Todd's age when I graduated. I am really getting old!!!

So, I thought it would be fun to get your feelings on the day you graduated and what advice you would tell a graduating Senior today. I will share my stuff in a few days!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey- I've missed you!

My advice to a senior or anyone for that matter would be to enjoy whatever moment you are in completely. Don't long too much for the happiness you think will come when...you get married, you graduate from college, you get a good job, you have a baby. Happiness is present now. Embrace your current state and squeeze everything out of it before moving
on.

Rebecca said...

I will have to think about that one for a little bit. I wanted to let you know that I am glad all is well though. To be honest I was worried but didn't want to ask.

tamblair said...

I was worried about you, too!! You are not allowed to go that long without a post anymore! I too will think about advice I might be willing to pass out. Not that I qualify as any type of advisor or anything. I am glad you are doing okay!

Kristin said...

I was also worried but decided you were just busy with the end of school...can't wait to find out what the baby is! Having two boys is fun, but then so is having a girl - either way will be great.

I agree with your friend Becky about being content in the now, and not waiting for happiness in the future. I once heard that not all moments are good, but God is always good, and that is what we find our happiness in.

I would also say to do some traveling before you have a family and it's hard to find the time and money to do so...we'll have to catch up when the kids are grown.

Enjoy your time off!