Sunday, April 27, 2008

Special Olympics

I have not posted any information in a while. I thought I would take a minute and write about my week this next week. I have signed my kids up in class to participate in Special Olympics. This is such a great program. When I was at Harding, I helped with it one year. It is an experience that is unlike anything else. The participants all have major struggles, but they have a spirit unlike anything I have witnessed. It is truly a blessing to participate. If you ever get a chance, do it.

Anyway, we are all participating. The kids are so excited. Now none of them can actually go to regionals this year because of their age, but next year they can. They have never done any kind of sport, so they are very excited. Here is the funny part, I am their coach. Yes, me. The non-athletic, 16 weeks pregnant woman is their coach. I guess it is a good thing that they aren't really competing. We go this Friday. I will let you all know how it turns out. I might decided I was crazy to do this. I doubt it, though!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

How wonderful. I hope it turns out great for all of you, Coach! I am reminded of our short stint in basketball together...

tamblair said...

I am sure it will be an amazing experience for everyone! Enjoy It! And good luck!

Rebecca said...

I am sure it will be wonderful!!! How exciting for everyone.