Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Oh me

That is how I am feeling right now. I am a little overwhelmed. As most of you know, Jackson is on a gluten-free and dairy free diet. This is difficult since his favorite things to eat were noodles and toast. There are substitutes for these but they are not near as good and he knows it. This has really changed the way we eat. I am having to eat while he naps because he cries for anything I eat, which has gluten or dairy in it. This is not good when you are trying to lose weight because by the time I get to eat, I am STARVING! Also, eating out is impossible. We use to do this WAY more than we needed to. Now, the few times we have had to it is disastrous. All the things that Todd likes, Jackson can't have b/c of the diet issues. He loves fries and they are never GFDF. We had to get Todd shoes yesterday and we were having a hard time finding ones that fit his foot correctly. We ended up eating out at 7:30 and I ended up in the car with Jackson while they ate. I ate in the car after we left, again great for dieting. We could all eat foods on his diet but Todd does not like that food. So, one of the 2 kids are upset at anytime. This is also true some at home but it is way less extreme.

Then, we have the issues with my grandmother. She is getting old and is losing her ability to think correctly. Now, I must explain that she has burnt a lot of bridges in her life. She chose to be bitter about a divorce and take it out on her boys, my dad included. Now that things are getting bad, they are having to try to figure things out and she can be cranky. My mom has been working all day to try to see if she can find her a place. It is not looking good. I have to admit that I do not want her living with my parents and for very selfish reasons. 1). If she is there I will never get time with my mom. 2). With my mom's MS, stress makes her have difficulties and my grandmother is the definition of difficult. Due to this, I ask for prayers for my mom and dad. I pray that we can find a place. I do love her but have put up a wall because of the hurt she has caused.
Well, there you have my problems. Thanks for allowing me to vent!

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time! Would you like to come over for coffee & let the kids play later this week? I promise to hide all the snack that aren't safe for Jackson.

Have you tried rice noodles? I actually like them better with certain sauces.

carrie said...

I would love to come over and visit. I actually am on eof the few adults that do not drink coffee but would love to visit. Here is the only dea, this Friday, I have a new dishwasher being installed in the morning. That would leave only tomorrow, which is short notice for you. If it doesn't work this week, we can do it next week, if that works for you.

tamblair said...

I can only imagine how hard it would be with the limited diet... especially with big brother who is used to eating what he wants!! Just know I am thinking about you and praying for you all. And I will add the issue with your grandmother and will pray for your mom!! :) Keep your chin up!