Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Worry

I am a worry. I get this from my mom and on down the line it goes. I will admit that this is a big struggle for me. I worry about everything!! As I mentioned, I read a book by Dr. Charles Stanley. It mentioned worrying and really convicted me. I have always said that I did not have a lack of faith that God would provide. I just felt that I still had to worry about it. I really don't know why. As if I can do a better job!! Dr. Stanley stated this and it really stepped on my toes and made me reflect on my life. He correlated worrying with doubt and this is what he said about doubt:
"For most people, doubt is not a lack of believing God as much as it is a failure to discern what He is saying."
Ouch! That is a difficult statement. Could it be that I am not discerning God's will for me and that is why I am worrying and doubting?
Well, I am really working on this in 2010. I am becoming more precise in my prayers. Perhaps you would even call it bold. He already knows my thoughts anyway. He knows my fears, my weaknesses, my failures, and my doubts. So, I am really turning these over to God in 2010.
This is a big step for a worrier! I am clinging to this well know scripture:

Philippians 4:6-7 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done 7 then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Oh, how I look forward to that peace!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

For some reason your posts aren't showing up unless I highlight them, Did you change the font color?

carrie said...

Yea. The font is white on a brown background. What does yours show?

Unknown said...

White on white. It's probably just my security settings at work. No problem, I can just highlight it. :)

carrie said...

Erika, tell me if you can see it now.

Unknown said...

I can. Now it's light blue. You didn't have to change it for me though. :)