Monday, February 28, 2011

A smile means so much

This picture is blurry because our camera batteries were dying but it was a moment that couldn't wait on new batteries. Brad had been working for days to get Luke to smile at him. He had been smiling at me for a while and would not crack even a grin at Brad. He would talk and talk to him each evening in hopes to get a smile. Well, 2 nights ago, Brad was talking and this is what Luke did in response. He smiled many more times and has done it since easily. I grabbed the camera and snapped that first smile.

This story got me thinking about my heavenly father. He works and works on me to get me to pay attention and take delight in him. He doesn't give up! He tries everything he can think of to get me to look and take joy in him. Then, when I finally lock into him, I can't help but smile. And His response is joy beyond description.

I also love the way Brad's hand is holding his head. It reminds me of my father holding me. Brad's hand is huge compared to his head and it is protecting him from harm (like basketballs being shot on the goal in the house). Not only does my father want my attention, but he is holding me up trying to protect me while I gaze upon his face.

I came across this scripture:
"The LORD makes firm the steps
of the one who delights in him;
though he may stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand. "Psalm 37:23-24
Wow. What powerful words. He holds me even when I stumble. Thank you, Lord because I stumble a lot!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He's such a doll. :) What a great smile. I'm so happy he's healthy and doing well.

Connecting to the soul said...

I have to agree he is such a precious lil one. I'll have to jot that verse down thank you