Monday, September 25, 2006

$1,000,000

Brad, Todd, and I like to watch Deal or No Deal. Part of the reason we like to watch it is to see how lucky we would be. We also like to see how greedy some people are. I was thinking the other day, what I would do if I were to win or get $1,000,000. Of course, Uncle Sam would get a big portion and I would give a big chunk to church and then pay off everything we owe. After all of that was done, we would still have a lot of money. I would share some with family members, too. But, I have always had a dream that I would try to fulfill with the remainder of the money. I have always dreamed of having a christian preschool for children with disabilities. I have known so many people that have had children with disabilities that would have benefitted from this kind of school. It is rare to find christian schools that will bring on children with disabilities. That has always bothered me. Those are some of the families that need Christians the most. Not only could it make a big difference for those within our church, but would be a huge outreach. I am not sure how difficut it would be to accomplish. I do not possess a corporate mentallity. Brad could help in that area a great deal. However, I could take those children in and love and nurture them while their parents had a few hours off. Maybe someday I will be able to tell you all that my dream had become a reality! Do you have any real dream? What would you do with $1,000,000?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't have any idea what I'd do with a million dollars. I guess since I figure it will never happen, I haven't even considered it! What is really strange is that a million doesn't even sound like that much to me anymore. I figure lots of people could spend a million very quickly by the time they pay off debt, give to family and church, etc.

Franklin Wood said...

I saw that girl win the other night...that was awesome!
Well, not sure what I would do...probably spiff up the youth room at church for one thing!
It would also feel really good to just walk up to a car salesman with a big ole briefcase full o' money and pay in full!