Friday, September 08, 2006

So what?

Today on Yahoo a headliner popped up that really humored/frustrated me. It was an article that stated that Brad Pitt has said he and Angelina will get married when marriage restrictions are removed so that anyone that wants to get married can get married (gays and lesbians). The first thought that popped into my head was who cares? I really do not care if they get married. Sure I wished they would not live in sin, but it is their choice. I will not fret and write congress to change the definition of marriage because they are refusing to get married! I think it is VERY egotistical to think that people care enough about your personal life to make such a statement. Sure, people follow stars for the gossip, but are we such a pathetic culture that stars have that much pull? I sure hope not!! Surely, we can stand up for our own thoughts, feelings, and beliefs more than that. Do you really think that people will see that comment and let it sway their opinions?

1 comment:

Franklin Wood said...

Wow..that IS very egotistical! I had not hear that! What an odd couple...