Tuesday, September 12, 2006

9/11

I had been thinking about the attacks on 9/11 all day yesterday. It was a haunting memory. I can remember teaching when I heard the news and that Brad was in Dallas at the time. All I wanted was for all of my family to be in one place that is safe and sound.

Last night, I saw an interesting Dateline about United Flight 93. It was a discussion with the loved ones of those that lost their life on that flight. It was set up like a timeline based on all of the information that has been discovered in the ast 5 years. As they spoke to the loved ones, the images was as painful as it was that day. My heart ached for these people. They will never get over this occasion. A part of their security was ripped from their hands that day. Yet, thanks to their loved ones, a part of OUR security was saved. They really were heros. As the families talked about their last discussions with their family members, they talked about how calm they were and how determined they were to do something to keep the terroists from destroying something else. They were brave and the true meaning of American! I am so thankful that those people helped protect our country. We will never know what could have been, thanks to these men and women!

No comments: