Thursday, September 28, 2006

Scary

Todd has had problems with nose bleeds for 2 years. This time last year we had to take him to an ENT to get him examined. At that time, the Dr. decided to hold off doing anything because he was so young. Well, he had 3 severe nose bleeds in 24 hours the other day and hasn't seemed right since then. He fell asleep in school. For those of you who do not know, Todd is VERY energetic so I called the Dr. They asked to see him. Well, he was very tired when we got there so he was laying on the table.. not normal for Todd. They took his blood count and said, "You were right. He has lost a lot of blood.. not like transfusion levels." What!!! That thought had not entered my mind! She went on to say that if he had another nose bleed, we would need to bring him back in to double check that. My heart sank. Then she went on to say, we can rule out Leukemia and some other diseases that I do not want to even mention. That was so scary to me. I knew leukemia's major sign was nose bleeds but I thought we had ruled that out before. Anyway, to say the least, it was a scary day. Please keep us in your prayers. I will make an appointment ot talk to the ENT again. If we have to do the procedure, we will have to put him to sleep. I am not looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awful! I wonder why in the world he is having so many terrible nose bleeds- I hope you find some answers soon and I will pray for peace for you as this all unfolds. Keep us posted.

Tracy said...

I am praying for your family that you find an answer!! We miss you guys. I am sure that was very scary...I freak out when Fischer has a runny nose!! Being a mom is the hardest but most rewarding job in the world! We can't stand to see our little ones in pain! We are thinking of you guys.