Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Autumn

It is hard to say, but I think autumn might be my favorite season. I love the crisp mornings, the smell of freshness in the air, the chaniging leaves, the beautiful pumpkins, and football. However, autumn reminds me of family. I am not sure why this time of year really reminds me of family more than any other time. Perhaps it is because Thanksgiving is around the corner and then Christmas. I think it is also because of the part that football played in our family. Alabama football was an every Saturday event. Phillip and my dad would plan all day around Bama football. At the time, my mom and I would plan all day around being out of the house when Bama football was on. But the best football memory had was with me and my dad. When I was a senior, my dad and I decided to attempt to make it to every football and basketball game my high school played. That is a lot of games. I did not really realize how hard that would be for him to arrange to be off from work in time to get me to all of the games. We managed to only miss two games the entire season. He and I had the best time. I will never forget those times we shared together. We laughed alot. I now understand that he sacraficed alot of his own time to spend those last months with me before college. What an amazing dad!

No comments: