Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Todd and the job

Many of you have asked, yes Todd is much better. His eyes were pitiful for a day and a half but are back to normal. He has been back to school and is doing well.

Others have also asked about my job. It is going well. I am in a self-contained special education class with 5 students. They are all young. I am loving it. After my time as a sub, I realized how much I love special education. I love the smaller number of kids so that I can really know them. I love being able to paint and it not take ALL day. I love being able to buy cotton candy and Capri Suns and not cost $50. ( Can you tell what letter we are working on this week?) I enjoy the small victories that these kids have. I just love the underdog! It has been a big transition and a lot of time up front. The class was very messy and there was no real curriculum. However, that is getting fixed and we are doing well with out new schedule. Guess that's all for now.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I admire you so much for what you do. It takes a special person to do what you do. Have you ever heard the song "Hero" by The Isaacs? I think of you when I hear that song.

Jeni said...

Glad it's going well! We missed y'all at church last night.