Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

We had a nice Thanksgiving. We went to my parents house. It was a pretty laid back day of eating and watching football.

I love black Friday. I enjoy the rush of getting up early and hunting for a bargain. I woke up at 4:15 to go make the trek this year. I went to Toys R Us first. I had timed it where I did not have to wait in the cold too long. That was a successful endeavor. I also got a great purchase for Brad. I will not elaborate because he reads this sometimes. I also managed to get several things completed. I am actually just about done. I love this time of year. I love the thought of picking out things that I think they will like. I enjoy wrapping presents, which I did last night, I love Christmas lights, but I enjoy the focus on our Savior the most. I am so glad the Church of Christ has finally embraced this focus during the holiday season. I know for much of my life Jesus was not spoken of during Christmas time. I am glad that we can sit and discuss His sacrifice He gave for us. That brings a true happiness to my life that no gift can provide.

What is your favorite holiday and why?

2 comments:

tamblair said...

I agree with you about the discussion of Jesus at Christmas time. I can remember hearing sermons that focused solely on refuting the idea that he was born then. Who cares when Jesus was born, I just think it is a great time of year when the world pauses and thinks about Him.

Jeni said...

No stomach virus, just a sore throat and cold thing. I'd much rather have that than any kind of stomach virus! Hope Todd feels better soon!