Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What a Weekend!

We had quite a weekend. My brother got extra Alabama tickets for Saturday's game. We decided to go and take Todd to his 1st game. I was me, Brad, Todd, my nephew, my brother, and my dad. We did not stay for the whole game partly because they were losing to a sub-par team. It was a fun game, despite the loss. While we were that close, we decided last minute (Friday afternoon) to drive on over to Montgomery after the game. We arrived in Montgomery at 6:30 Saturday night. We grabbed a bite to eat and went to my aunt and uncle's house. We had a great visit. We got to the hotel at 11:30 and were up Sunday before 7:00 thanks to our 5 year old alarm clock. We decided to go to Landmark. After church we went back to my aunt and uncle's house before leaving. We did not leave Montgomery until 5:00 which had us arriving in Nashville at 10:30pm.

Here are all of my random thoughts regarding this trip:
1). What were we thinking? We are still exhausted. Thankfully I am out of work the rest of the week and Brad only has to work tomorrow.
2). I got to briefly visit with some old friends. That is always fun. I also got to meet their children and they got to meet mine.
3). This was my 1st time back to Montgomery. That city played a big part in my life. It was odd going back after 10 years. The last time I stepped foot in that place was my wedding day! What great and special memories that building will hold for me.
4). Montgomery has expanded but some parts look identical to the scenery 10 years ago.
5). Although Montgomery was a good place for me growing up, I prefer TN. That is home for me.
6). I was glad to see that people still recognized me. I guess 10 years hasn't changed me too much!
7). It is always good to reflect on our past, but not live in it. I am so happy in my life now, I would not want to go back to high school. I miss my friendships but not the experiences!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

It sounds like y'all had a great time! Sorry about the outcome of the game:(

tamblair said...

Amen, sister! I wouldn't want to go back to high school either! And it is so nice when you move away from you "hometown". You can go to Walmart without fear of running into someone who knew you when you had braces and permed your hair. It is always strange to go back.

Unknown said...

Were you there for the early service? I was there with mom, but didn't see anyone. We left right after though, mom was worn out from the funeral.

Unknown said...

"sub-par team" oh, I take offense to that statement! Rececca should too, I can't believe she is apologizing.