Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happiness

I have a little girl that I teach that I think is precious. She comes in EVERY day smiling and leaves EVERY day smiling. She has a bounce in her step when she walks. She thinks I am the greatest. She has become my "side kick" according to many teachers because she is with me a lot. She is a hard worker and is just pleasant to be around. Her innocence is refreshing. She has struggles but at this point, she doesn't know it.



Secretly, I wish I was like that! I wished I was happy all of the time. I wished I had a bounce in my step and an innocence that was so appealing. I was thinking about this and then I realized that I should be that way. Christ came to this Earth and died for me! Why am I not that happy. Why do I not tell everyone how great my "Teacher" is? Perhaps, if I felt that way about my "Teacher", I would be that happy. So, I am going to strive to have my student's outlook on life! I will bet that I will be that happy, too!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great lesson for all of us!

Kristin said...

He says we should all be like children. It's sad that as we grow seem to lose that innocence and the ability to delight in the simple.

tamblair said...

I bet you learn so much every day from those beautiful children! And it is true. We need to be more and more like children and focus on the positives of our life.

Jeni said...

I think the only way to get high scores on the Google game is to a) be a really fast typist, and b) have played several times so you know a lot of the images without guessing. I think it's pretty fun, but I completely lose track of time while I play!