Thursday, September 11, 2008

One word... Huge

For those of you that do not read facebook, we had an ultrasound today. I am 35 weeks and 2 days as of today. After the measurements, they have predicted that he is 7 pounds 7 ounces! Todd was 8 lbs 1 oz at birth. He was only 10 days early. Jackson still has 4 weeks to cook until the scheduled c-section. If the stats are true (that they gain 1/2 lb week), he will be 9 1/2 - 10 lbs at birth. My doctor was not in the office today for me to discuss it with him. He had kidney stones yesterday. I do not know if they will take him earlier or let he be half grown at birth. Also, my blood pressure was 125/86. This is high for me. I was 113/85 just 2 weeks ago and that is higher than my normal. I am not sure what that will mean. I am going to try to get things finished up as much as possible just on case I am put on bed rest or taken to the hospital earlier. Please just keep all of this in your prayers. We are very excited about Jackson. We have prayed for him for nearly 4 years!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am confident that everything will go ok. Please keep us updated. I know you can't wait!

Tracy said...

I feel your pain :) Of course my OB doesn't seem that concerned about him being so big. Wait, she doesn't seem too concerned about anything these days...I am so cranky about her lately. I can't wait to see pics of Jackson!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to "meet" Jackson through pics! I know everything will be great!