Wednesday, January 21, 2009

All My Heart

Jackson has gotten where he watches every move of Todd's. If he hears his voice, he begins the search. When Todd speaks to him, he gives that grin that melts hearts. Yesterday, Todd spent a lot of time talking to Jackson explaining homework and the benefits of it. (No, he really doesn't like it but says it's for learning.) Jackson was just looking at Todd as if he was taking it all in. Later that night, Todd was explaining the art of walking and that he would fall some, but it would be OK. After minutes of discussion, explanation, and modeling, Todd looked and Jackson and in the sweetest voice said these words that would blurr my vision.. "Jackson, I love you with all of my heart. I would love you with all of my body but I save that for God and Jesus. They are the most important but you are next" I could not believe that. Not only was he saying something so sweet to Jackson, but he was expressing his love for Jesus. That was a moment I hope is forever etched in my mind and a relationship that I hope continues throughout their lives. God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams!

2 comments:

tamblair said...

My absolute favorite part of being a mom has been watching the relationship between my two children. They love each other so much that it hurts, and it just makes me so happy to see. Sounds like you have that same scenario brewing in your home!! Todd seems so deeply mature. What a blessing!

Rebecca said...

And isn't it wonderful to have this avenue of blogging, so that years from now, you can look back on these wonderful moments!