Saturday, April 22, 2006

Bumble Bee


I just love this time of year!! I enjoy being able to be outside. I also enjoy it not being 100 degrees. Most of all, I enjoy flowers and bumble bees. I know most people do not like bees. I do not enjoy them stinging, but I can't help but look at them and marvel at them. It is so amazing that a creature like that can fly. Scientists have been confused about the bee. They claim a bumble bee should not be able to fly. He is too large for the proportion of his body and wing size. I think that is a neat thought. When I first went into teaching, I wore a bumble bee necklace. I did that to remind me that many kids I would encounter would have been told by many people they would never be successful or make anything of themselves. I would often reach for that necklace and say a silent prayer for my students. I still think of them regularly and wonder if they were able to fly like that bumble bee or did too many people convince them otherwise. I hope they are flying high and proving those people wrong!!

No comments: