Sunday, April 16, 2006

A day to reflect

I strive to think about Christ on a regular basis, but it is days like today that I seem to really reflect on His sacrifice and the meaning and emotion behind it. I was thinking today how Mary must have felt during this time. I have a son and I cannot fathom the pain she must have endured. I wonder if she was like "Why me", "Why my son", "Take care of this some other way", or "I don't care about everyone else". I cannot imagine! I also can't imagine what that was like for God to endure. Christ having to look down on His mother in such pain would have been so hard to do. Christ's death, burial, and resurection is something that sometimes becomes so mundane. It pains me to even admit that. It is not that I forget how that forever altered my life or how precious that event was, I guess I forget how painful that must have been for those He was closest to. Yes, for me it meant eternal life, but for them, at that moment, it was total pain, heartache, and confusion. I want to try to rememeber that event as a whole, not just part of it. It truly was the ULTIMATE SACRAFICE for me!!

1 comment:

Franklin Wood said...

Hey, you never told us you had a blog!
We love the LifeSong CD, too. I especially like "Set Me Free" about the demon-possessed man. Really gives you insight into people who cannot escape the devil's grasp (whether it's addictions or something else.)
Anyways, keep blogging, it's great fun and you're doing an awesome job!