Monday, April 10, 2006

The Mess

Have you ever wondered what is going through children's minds? I often wonder what my 3 year old is thinking. He can explain a lot of things but when he is quiet and it is obvious he is pondering something, I wonder what it is. He has started doing something the last few days that I just do not get. He loves The Lion King. We happened to purchase the sound track years ago. He loves it! That is all he wants to listen to and he has many songs memorized. There is one song that has very dramatic music and he has begun to dump things out onto the floor during this song. I mean EVERYTHING... trains, crayons, puzzles, ect. I have been helping him pick these up and that hasn't made him think twice before dumping them out. So, today, he had dumped out trains, crayons, and plastic Easter eggs. I turned off his music and made him pick all of it up! It took him forever, but he managed to get it done. When he was done he said, "Mommy, that took forever. I'm not going to do it again." I explained that was why I wanted him to pick it up so he would realize how long that mess takes to clean up. I just wonder what he is thinking as he dumps all of that out!

No comments: