Thursday, April 03, 2008

Various Happenings

I have been so busy the last week. I will try to update.

1). We started soccer this past week. Todd loves it because he is crazy about running. He says he wants to be a runner when he grows up. Let me just say, he DID NOT get that from me. I hate running. Walking, swimming, lifting weights.. those I like. Never would I choose to run. Anyway, he loves it and it is church based so it is not as competitive. It is also much shorter seasons and games than T-ball.

2). I had a 12 week appointment yesterday. Went in thinking quick and left 2 hours later. They went to listen to the heartbeat and could not find it. Yes, you read that right. They poked and pushed and could not get it. Also, my blood pressure was up a lot. Mine is usually on the verge of too low. See next point to see why it was high. Anyway, after much poking, they told me they could not get it and I would have to have an ultrasound. This time they sent me downstairs, which is the high risk doctors office. Surprisingly, I stayed calm. I filled all of their paperwork out and waited. Keep in mind, I was alone because Brad can't take off once a month for an appointment that should take 5 minutes. After what seemed like an hour, they called me back. They got their "big dog ultrasound equipment" out. I was watching and got nervous because I did not see the "flutter of the heart". Finally, I asked her if their was a heartbeat. She said their was and it looked great. But, let me just say, it was moving like crazy. Oh, great Todd is active enough. This will probably be constantly on the move! All checked out fine. They were having trouble because my placenta was in the front, which is fine. This makes them pick up my heartbeat instead of baby's. What a relief!!!

3). Now the explanation on the blood pressure. I cannot give any details, but work has been stressful! There has been a lot of things going on that is wearing me out. Please keep me in your prayers. This has been the most stress my job has EVER given me and I have dealt with a lot. Just keep me in your prayers!

4). Still sick as a dog from pregnancy! I am hoping it ends soon. I am 13 weeks tomorrow!!! This has got to end!

Well, that about wraps it up. Maybe I can get less busy and not have to write a marathon blog to catch people up!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Your blog entry was starting to scare me...I am SO glad that everything was fine with the baby! I will be 13 weeks and 5 days tomorrow. Hope your stress level at work can come down!!

Rebecca said...

I hope thing calm down for you at work. Stress and pregnancy don't mix! Hang in there!

tamblair said...

Things will get better for you soon, I am sure! Just hang in there. I have been wondering about you and am glad to hear the pregnancy is okay.

Kristin said...

you and your little baby have been in my thoughts - glad to hear all is well. i was not very sick with Elijah, constantly nauseated with miles and threw up almost daily for 3 or 4 months with ella, so I've been there. will be praying about your work situation.

Jeni said...

Carrie, I bet all the stress from work is also exacerbating the morning sickness. I'll pray for you, that the stress, exhaustion, and sickness pass, so that you can enjoy life a bit more!

Let me know if you'd like any help!