Thursday, August 14, 2008

Double personality

Okay, I wrote about Todd's fits lately. It is driving me crazy. He was good tonight but the 2 nights before were terrible. The thing that makes me frustrated is that the arguments do not even matter. Last night was one of those nights. I was so angry that after Brad got home I left to take a minute before I lost my cool. He actually managed to lose going to see Clone Wars this weekend, lost his Wii for more days, and can not go spend the night with friends Friday night all over a stupid issue.

Anyway, after he has acted this way, I go to meet him for lunch today. Since I use to teach there, our meal gets interrupted many times by teachers. I was talking to my assistant from last year when Todd's teacher came to get them from lunch. She asked how I was feeling and then told me something that just about made me fall over laughing. She said, "He is so sweet. He is the sweetest thing. I ask him to do something and he does it with a smile. I just love him." I wanted to say, "You do know that Todd is my child, right?" It cracked me up. I guess he is taking after me. I could be throwing a huge fit and turn it off just like that. My teachers always said the same about me. Now I know why that drove my mom crazy. I would rather him act that way with us and not at school. I guess he uses all of his energy to be good at school and has to get it out of his system!

No comments: