Saturday, August 30, 2008

Smiles all over

After school yesterday, Todd came in and went to his room to play. He had been playing Star Wars while listening to The Lion King soundtrack. I had gone in to check on him because he had been in there for about an hour without any communication from me. He was just totally involved in light saber fights. I returned to my room to continue laundry. In about 10 minutes, Todd comes in covered in smile stamps. His arms and legs were total smiley faces. I laughed and did not think much about it. In a minute, he returned and had continued the stamping to his stomach and face. At this point, I thought it was getting out of control. He ran into his room and was going to add some more but stepped in the ink pad. He then got it on our wood floors and his carpet. Now I was not happy. I toted all 58 pounds of him to the bathroom and went to clean the wood. Thankfully, it came right up. The carpet was another story. As I went to put the lids on the stamp pads, I realized that only one of them was washable. It was then that I began to panic. I mean, he was COVERED in these stamps. I put him in the tub and began to scrub. Thankfully, most of them were the washable and came right off. The others came of with some scrubbing except one. He now has a perfectly stamped smile right on his butt check. Yes, he had managed to put on there and it is the one that will not come off. I guess he has a smile tattoo for now. I should have taken a picture of his modest stamping but when it was getting on my floor, I had to get it off. When Brad asked him why he did it, Todd replied, "I was just so happy to have a long weekend!" I guess who can blame him on that. I thought I might need to watch Brad since he was happy to have some time off, too!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That is hilarious!!! I love his reasoning too. Are you getting excited? Glad you didn't get whooping cough! Three more weeks on this end..can't wait..I am MISERABLE!

Unknown said...

More is not always better: this is a lesson we work on all our lives, no? :) Glad you avoided the whooping cough!