Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Today has been one of those mornings. It has been a time of pregnancy raging emotions. It all started when Todd got up not wanting to go to school. One thing about Todd, he is very smart and is at the top of his class, but he HATES school. He is often bored and it does not work well with his love of moving and exploring. He often does not want to go to school, but today was hard for me. Last year when I taught at school with him, we had a set routine. We would walk in together and at one particular spot, we would hug and share our "have a good days" and then he would head for the gym and I would go into the teacher's lounge to do all of the morning teacher business. Now, I pull up to a door, get a hug from the backseat and drive off. It seems so cold and lonely for us both. Today, as I pulled away, he mouthed "I will see you later" with his smile on his face. I just wanted to stop grab him and take him back home. I knew he was walking in to a place that he was dreading. I did not want him to have to dread his day. I know that he has to go and that he will have a good day, it is just hard when they do not want to go. I know he will have to encounter many things he does not want to do, but must do them. Anyway, I guess pregnancy hormones have taken over today, because I have cried today over stupid things. Oh well, I am going to surprise Todd and meet him for lunch. Perhaps that will help us both!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been weepy lately too. I think I caught some of your hormones.

tamblair said...

I'm so sorry!! It is so hard to see your child hurting and there is not a thing you can do to help. It will get better, I am sure!!