Monday, August 20, 2007

The Storm details

Patience and humility. Those are 2 hard words to grasp for me. I consider myself a pretty patient person but could always improve in that area. Humility is such a big concept that is always changing. The more I study scripture the harder this one is. I think it s much more involved than not boasting. I think it is being totally open and helpless before the Lord. I don't think a truly humble person tries to figure God out. I think they just sit back and know that God is in control and this world is not about me!

Well, as I posted in the last post, we are going through such a storm. As many of you know, Brad and I have tried to have a baby for 3 years. While on vacation, we discovered we were pregnant. It seemed like a dream that I would one day wake up from. I was very cautious at first, but then we began re-arranging our house for this new family member. I went to my Dr. appointment on Thurs. Nothing too odd was mentioned. He wanted me to get an ultrasound to discover exactly how far along I was since we would do a repeat C-Section. He told me to do it within the next 2 weeks. They had an opening that afternoon so I decided to go on and do it. Brad was out of town, but we would have a more in depth one later. After a long process, I was told they could not find a heartbeat. This was devastating news for me. The Dr. said he did not want to make any quick decisions. Therefore, I am to have another ultrasound on Thurs.

Many people have asked what to pray for. Here is how we are praying. Despite how hard it is, we want God's will! If it is within God's will, we want this baby Thurs. to be as healthy as possible!! We KNOW that all things are possible with God's help. However, if it is not God's will, we ask that it be obvious the condition of the baby. We do not want to have to make a difficult decision. I would always doubt my choice. Up to this point, we have had no signs of a problem. If this baby is not to survive, I want that physical sign to be present so I do not have to guess. Please keep us in your prayers. Oh, we had not told Todd that we were expecting. We do not want to have to explain this situation to him. It is hard enough for us to explain it to our self, much less a 5 yr. old who has asked when is God going to give us a baby. I will keep you updated when I can.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds," James 1:2
I am not totally here yet, but am praying to get there!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh carrie! it must be so difficult to wait until Thursday- I know I would be frantic! Please know that prayers on your behalf are going to be lifted up continually until then and that no matter what happens, you are surrounded by many who love you deeply.

Franklin Wood said...

You guys hang in there. God is good, all the time. You may not understand His hand, but you understand His heart! He loves you guys, and so do we! We're always here, even if you need to call and talk in the middle of the night. Praying for you...

Unknown said...

Our pastor tells the story of his wife being pregnant with their first child. She went in for an u/s and the baby was not in the proper place. They told her there was no way that the baby would live and they were waiting for a miscarriage. It was a Wednesday and he went to church that night and asked for the prayers of the church. When she went back for another u/s later, the baby had moved and was ok. The doctor was astonished. God is powerful. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Carrie - you and your family are in our prayers. God has plans for our lives and our children that we can't even imagine. I see that every time I look at Brantley! It's hard to accept sometimes but it all turns out for the best as part of His plan. We love you and God bless you and your family.

Summer (Marie)