Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Todd's First Day of School


Yesterday, Todd went to school for the first day. They do this crazy system, so he is home today. He went a full day yesterday with only half of the kids. He will start officially tomorrow. I was having a really hard time letting him go to school. I really prayed for strength because if he saw me cry, he would get upset. I told him it was a great thing to go to school. I did really well. I was able to be strong in his presence. As I left, I got very misty-eyed. I still maintained it until I got to the car. It is so hard to believe that it is time for him to go to school. My house seemed so quiet and lonely. I had no one to laugh with or make silly jokes with. I know that this is part of growing up, but I have to say it really stinks! I will miss all of our time together. Sure, my house will be cleaner, but it will be much more lonely. When I picked him up yesterday, he came running to me as fast as his leg would go. He had a good day, but was ready to come home. He told my mom, "It is a really long time from the morning to the afternoon!" All afternoon, he was hugging me and telling me he loved me. I am sure he will do well this year, let's just hope I can, too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Peyton starts Monday. I can't believe it's here already.