Thursday, January 17, 2008

The baby

I know you are all wondering. No, we are not expecting a baby. This is something that is so heart wrenching, yet so comforting at the same time. As I mentioned, I was very close to my friend, Evette (the one that passed away). I have not mentioned that I had become close to all of her family because Brad played on their family volleyball team the last 2 years at church. We laughed so much together. Her sister was a labor and deliver nurse for many years. When we had our miscarriage she was an important person to us. Yesterday, as I made my way down the line to speak to all of the family and give Evette my final goodbye, I came to Evonne first. As we embraced and cried, she pulled away from me and this is what she told me, " I hope this doesn't make you mad, but I am going to say it anyway. Evette is rocking your baby for you!" It was at that moment that I lost it. I know she is. I know that she is taking care of Faith. She loved her own children so much and she always was taking care of others children and teaching in the nursery. It was later that I thought, she can take care of my baby and I will take care of hers. We will have to help each other until our families are united for eternity.

6 comments:

Jeni said...

You can bet she's up there with full arms, with your Faith and the Henley's twins!

Franklin Wood said...

What a difficult time you must be experiencing. Our thoughts are with you all. Pass our love on to your family!

tamblair said...

What a beautiful image you now have in your mind of your dear friend and little Faith. And I have thought so much about these children that I have never even met. I cannot imagine the struggle ahead of a life without such a wonderful mother. Please know that I am thinking about you and everyone affected by this loss. You are all in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Such a beautifully sad moment.

Rebecca said...

I am crying at work, but that is ok. It is a heartwarming thought at this sad time.

Rebecca said...

You've been tagged...see my blog for details :)